Wednesday, July 26, 2006

AMD's "4x4" Plans

A dual-socket motherboard with dual-core processors yields the number 4. The other 4 referred to in the "4x4" codename refers to one of 3 possible components. In the early stages of "4x4" Quad-GPUs were in mind, but it has since spread out to Quad-Hard Drive and Quad-Channel RAM. In a 4x4 system the Quad-Channel DDR2 RAM would be the biggest benefit, worthy of being the other 4 referred to in the 4x4 codename.

Assuming you purchased a 4x4 system, what would be your second "4" of choice?

7 Comments:

Blogger Pupitmiser said...

I'd almost consider having a 4x4x4x4 system. Four Hard Drives, Four CPU cores, Four GPUs, & Four channels of memory. Even one channel of DDR2 memory would be enough, but 4? Wow.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Arbitor319 said...

wowzorz liek this stuff would totally pwn liek no0bl lol but liek i would want liek quad gpu(not sure which model but amd of course) and liek the quad channel ddr2 ram(or higher whatever ddr rating is best at teh time of purchase) screw quad sli for now it just to screw over ATI...oh yeah ATI no longer exists (*cough* *cough* f***ing roflmonger *cough* *cough*) what?? i didn't say anything!!! (*evil grin*)=>

8:46 AM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

:P awesome; your posts totally pwn. Yeah quad channel has never been heard of b4. I dunno how that'll turn out.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting is all I have to say...

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slosh, I got my money in 2day, and I can only spend $3500 :'( call me on my cell phoen, and I will be on zzf looking at partz. If you don't have my cell phone #, ask arb.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://techreport.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=20779640
LOL, zzf tolly pwned every1 else.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

Interesting is not a good "4" choice; so I have to smack you for a good answer? Yes, great, you got a new computer; I'm glad 4 you...

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home