Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Dell-AMD

According to recent demands surrounding the company Hon Hai Precision Industry which develops AMD-based servers they wish to sell their AMD-based servers to Dell. I for one view this as being a great opportunity for the popularity of Opterons to grow to new heights. On the other hand if the Opterons become too popular Dell may begin selling the AMD-based servers at too high a price for the small-business owners.

Do you believe this to be a positive business move for AMD?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pupitmiser said...

Do you know what I'm talking about though when I say how Dell could potentially make Opterons too expensive and have that be a sterio-typical standard of all AMD products being expensive to the general public. Because AMD doesn't advertise on TV for a reason; but Dell will change that if they sell their products. So in the long-run I'm rather uncertain as to how things will turn out. One can only hope for good results.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

AMD advertises for sure; but only on the internet. The TV would be a big step for them. That's awesome news about Opterons. I can't wait 'till I get an Athlon 64 system. I know that I'll be getting the 3700+. That way I can overclock it to be the equivalent of a 4000+ for a great value.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope that Dell doesn't pull... well a Dell. If they start to sell AMD servers for the same as they did the Intel equivilant, that will push Intel's price down, and Dell will fall back on Intel.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home