Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Huxley MMOFPS

The PC/Xbox360 FPS called Huxley will most probably be released in an entire year from now, but the concept and work done on it so far seem to be quite attractive. The game makes use of the Unreal 3 Engine (The same engine used for Unreal Tournament 2007). I think this game is worth looking into and keeping an eye on throughout its development. The trailer really shows off what the game can look like.

How do you think a successful MMOFPS will affect MMORPGs?

5 Comments:

Blogger Pupitmiser said...

Try and answer the question; if your dad likes an MMOFPS over an MMORPG what would this do to the MMORPG sales?

12:52 AM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

I can understand where you're coming from; however what I think you fail to realize is that this game will be coming out at the end of 2006. The idea and development of the Unreal 3 engine came out at the begining of 2004. So that gives the average gamer almost 3 years to upgrade their system accordingly. I don't think system requirements will be such an issue.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IDK, look at me, I just bought my uber awesome system 2day. I think that money for upgrades is the #1 upgrade inhibiting factor. Sure, most peepz can afford to get an upgrade that will suit their needs for UT'07 on medium settings, but what about the peepz who are too young to be hired by a company, or have too much other stuff to use their money on, like taxes, gas, food etc etc etc.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

3 yearz is a long time; a true dedicated gamer would forgo driving for a while if it meant purchasing an upgrade for their compy.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Toy Soldier said...

What if they were like me tho, and Didn't drive? or have a job? I was a lucky one to get my money the way I did.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home