Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Intel To Make High-End Graphics

Since AMD bought out ATI Intel has, no doubt, been brainstorming ways to completely keep the upper hand over them. On their hiring page they have listed that they seek those capable of creating next-gen graphics and gaming experiences. From the looks of things Intel wants to compete against both Nvidia & AMD-ATI. Based on the type of video cards they currently produce it's obvious that Intel will need to start from scratch. While graphics solutions won't be an especially new field for Intel, the high-end demands is currently more than they can bear.

When do you think the first "high-end" Intel graphics card will be released?

8 Comments:

Blogger Toy Soldier said...

Wo0t! first to post!


WHAT?!?!?!? Intel to make high end graphix cardz?!?!?!? I need to be slapped, I think I am asleep!

Anyway, I think that we could see them in the next year, if not earlier. Depending on weather they wanted to start with a basic, entry level card, or challenge the R600 (as if)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

Yeah, it also stands to reason that a few months back Intel was eyeing Nvidia. So if that happened....hmmm

11:11 PM  
Blogger tannis said...

i think that if intel can 1up amd w/ processors and mebby beat r600, or buy the r600, then we may never hear of their domination again

9:14 AM  
Blogger Toy Soldier said...

Hey! Phivel, no double-posts!

I think that Intel would have to get on Nvidia's good side for a long time, then suggest buying them.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

In the end I'm thinking it really depends on the price Intel is willing to pay. However, Nvidia is into more than just graphics cards and they are a very formidible company. So Intel, I would imagine, is simply trying to invent their own high-end graphics. All I have to say to Intel is, "Good luck with that..."

12:41 AM  
Blogger Toy Soldier said...

I second that motion. I think though, that being as NVidia can no longer match ATI, I think that they might sell themselves for a lower price.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pupitmiser said...

Perhaps; I give Nvidia's life-span about..hmm...5 years or so. Unless they group up with one of the greats. However, they may drop out of the high-end graphics card business altogether. That would leave them to work on what they've always been the best at. Mobile graphics.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Toy Soldier said...

I didn't know they were good at mobile graphics, I thought they specialized in desktops and just did mobile because they could..... Ah well..... I would actually have to say that if NVidia did sell themselves out to some company, I'd like to see them go to IBM honestly......

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home